Sunday, September 6, 2009

Writing at Home in a small town...

Welcome to the rural area. Yes-I see horse and buggies every day. The town I grew up still has a brick road on it's main street uptown. Tourists are amazed at the horse and buggies, and of course the brick roads. I see them every day. While it is great, that such a tradition and way of life has survived all of these years, it's nothing unusual for me.

Some of you may know me from my other blog, "Writing by the Cherry." I mostly just post links to recent articles I have written to share how-to's for life, and occasionally I might post a poem or some funny joke. But I've decided to have more of a personal relationship with readers through this blog. So I may begin to tie these two together...

You will learn what it's like to be a writer in a small town, and still the trials and tribulations that occurs. I may even write about what the current topics are for the week and my take on them...

I just wanted to let my readers know who I was.... I wasn't just the girl that posted half paragraphs and links. I also wanted to share some work at home writing jobs, and other tips too. I am actually in the works of trying to make such a decision---I would like to stay home and write-because I believe I could make more money than my $8.17/hour 40 hour job. I love my job--don't get me wrong. But in a way-I will never move up, or expect a raise-except for the rise in cost of living raise. I did get a .13 cent raise a few months ago. I believe it was the most I had gotten in the six years that I have been there... Once I make such a decision-I will be sharing it all with you, and each month, the monetary goals that i reach....

So for now, this is my introduction. --Enjoy looking through the virtual windows of my rural area... --Us writers like to hide in small cracks--we don't always just roam the cities-We too, like wide open spaces....

No comments:

Post a Comment