Friday, May 27, 2011

WCIA Channel 3 News Visits Arthur, IL

The WCIA Channel 3 News team visited the little town of Arthur, Illinois this week as part of the "Our Hometown" series tour. They spent time interviewing residents and local businesses. Some of the places they stopped were Dick's pharmacy, Miller's Goods, the sewing store and even the Arthur Elementary school. 


It was a lot of fun watching them broadcast live this Friday, (May 27th, 2011). I got to see the news team in action as they interviewed a variety of people, taste tested the one pound burger from The Berg and even reported the weather.  I also got to meet Jennifer Ketchmark who was very friendly to speak with! It was a pleasure meeting her. And as the poet that I am, I also left her with a little souvenir from Arthur-a poem written by me! :) 


If you want to read more about their visit, read my article by clicking on the link below:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8098161/our_hometown_arthur_wcia_channel_3.html?cat=16



Oh, and I also got to have my picture taken with the Sunny Bear Mascot of Channel 3 news!  For fun, I did some of the weather reporting lines, so I just might get a chance to see myself doing some weather this summer on channel 3 news!



No comments:

Post a Comment