Monday, December 20, 2010

How to Write a Holiday Christmas Poem

Every year, I like to write my annual Christmas poem. I usually always read my poem at my annual Christmas Eve service at church. The poem is also included in all of my Christmas card mailings as well. 


Writing a Christmas poem should be fun, and not stressful. Actually-by keeping all of your favorite Christmas memories in mind, and then combing the actual meaning of Christmas along with those memories -it should be quite enjoyable to write.  If you will be sharing poetry this Christmas season, here are some tips on writing your poem. 




1. Review the story of Jesus' birth in the bible. Listen to some inspirational Christmas hymns about Christmas and about the baby Jesus.

2. Write down some of the things that mean a lot to you at Christmas time. Think about what Christmas really means to you.

3. Speak with your minister to find out what kind of Christmas church service there will be and see how your poem could fit in with the service.

4. Click here to continue reading the steps on How to Write a Christmas Poem....

No comments:

Post a Comment