Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Old Days of the Cassette Player

Back in the day, I remember using my portable cassette player or walkman. I used to sit on my bed or at my desk while listening to myfavorite tunes. Some of those cassettes included music that I recorded straight off of the radio, the Spice Girls and Paula Abdul. When visiting music stores, I'd search for the latest single on tape, and buy it so that I could play it on my walk-man or in my boom-box...  Those days just seem like yesterday. Stored away in an old shoe-box, I still have some old cassettes-and they still play in an old stereo that I have. 


While you can hardly find cassettes anymore (unless you visit a garage sale or antique shop), they are nice memories of my childhood to hang onto. Of course, if you talk to my parents, their cassettes were their 8-tracks....   As I had no idea what an 8-track was, my daughter really didn't know what a cassette tape was!...


So in celebration of the old walk-man, and those good ole' days of listening to tapes, you can find an article that I contributed to EggnChips.... Click on the link below to read it..


"THE WALKMAN EVOLUTION

No comments:

Post a Comment